2011 Pork Crock-Star winner for Inspired Dish by Mary Marlowe Leverette.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Chinese BBQ Pork.
1. Info for Chinese BBQ Pork
- Cook Time: 8 hr 10 min
- Total Time: 8 hr 10 min
- Servings: 6
2. Ingredients for Chinese BBQ Pork
- 2 pound pork loin roast, boneless
- 1 whole scallion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 8 drops red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Cut pork into 1-inch chunks. Lightly spray the inside of slow cooker bowl with cooking spray. Place all ingredients in slow cooker and toss to mix and coat well. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Serve over rice or with fried rice and hot mustard.