From brunch to dinner, this cake makes an impressive finish to any meal. Your guests won’t believe you made it from scratch.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Cinnamon Swirl Sour Cream Bundt Cake.
1. Info for Cinnamon Swirl Sour Cream Bundt Cake
- Cook Time: 1 hr 22 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 22 min
- Servings: 12
- Calories: 411.06 kcal
2. Ingredients for Cinnamon Swirl Sour Cream Bundt Cake
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (172g) unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 1/4 cups (250g) granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (360g) sour cream
- 3 cups (365g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a bundt cake pan liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar, and vanilla into a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream the ingredients together on medium speed for 1 minute, or until smooth. Add the eggs and sour cream, and continue to beat for a minute more, until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the bowl. Beat the mixture on low, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed, until a smooth, medium-thick batter forms.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Spread 1/3 of the cake batter into the bundt pan. Sprinkle half the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly on top. Layer another 1/3 of the batter into the pan, and evenly sprinkle over the remaining cinnamon sugar. Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake the bundt cake on the middle rack of oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 55-70 minutes.
- Check to see that cake is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes. To release the cake, run a butter knife between the edge of the cake and the pan. Turn the cake onto a large serving plate.
- Allow the cake to cool for 1-2 hours before slicing and serving.