This Mexican-inspired chicken and rice casserole is easy to make and requires minimal clean-up, making it a perfect flavorful weeknight dinner.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Easy Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole.
1. Info for Easy Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total Time: 50 min
- Servings: 10
- Calories: 264 kcal
2. Ingredients for Easy Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 4 cups cooked rice
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 2 1/4 cups prepared salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large scallions (minced)
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (for casserole)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (for topping)
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Place the rice, chicken, salsa, sour cream, scallions, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt, black pepper, and shredded cheese in a large mixing bowl. Fold with a rubber spatula until everything is thoroughly combined.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and smooth it into an even layer. Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over the top.
Bake the casserole on middle rack of oven until cheese is golden brown and dish is gently bubbling at the edges, 35-40 minutes.
Check to see that casserole is done. Remove from the oven or add time as needed.
Allow the casserole to rest for 15 minutes before serving.