Satisfy everyone at your holiday table with this health-conscious update on classic bread stuffing. Keto-friendly breads (often made with nut rather than grain flour) can be found in many grocery and specialty stores. For the lightest-textured stuffing, look for the least dense loaf you can find; it will weigh less than other comparably sized keto-friendly breads and may be labeled “paleo-friendly.” You’ll want to read the label’s nutrition and ingredient info carefully to be sure the bread works for your diet.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Gluten-Free Keto Thanksgiving Bread Stuffing.
1. Info for Gluten-Free Keto Thanksgiving Bread Stuffing
- Cook Time: 1 hr 42 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 42 min
- Servings: 10
- Calories: 117.74 kcal
2. Ingredients for Gluten-Free Keto Thanksgiving Bread Stuffing
- Nonstick cooking spray (or olive oil)
- 12 slices keto bread (12 slices is about 12 cups bread pieces)
- 1 1/2 lb. leeks (white and light green parts only)
- 1/2 head cauliflower (small, about 1 lb.)
- 4 celery stalks
- 5 garlic cloves
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup fresh sage (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for vegetables)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper (for vegetables)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cup unsalted chicken broth (more or less as needed)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for egg mixture)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper (for egg mixture)
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Coat a 2 1/2 qt. shallow baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut the bread into 1 inch pieces.
Transfer the bread cubes to a large baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Bake bread cubes on middle rack of oven until lightly toasted, 10-12 minutes. When done, transfer to a large bowl.
Cut the leeks in half lengthwise and rinse well. Pat dry, then cut crosswise into 3/4 inch slices. Coarsely chop the cauliflower. Cut the celery into 1/2 inch slices. Mince the garlic.
Melt the butter in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add the leeks, cauliflower, celery, garlic, sage, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 14-15 minutes. Add vegetables to the bowl of bread cubes.
Whisk the eggs, broth, salt, and pepper together in a medium mixing bowl. Pour over the bread mixture and mix until well combined. Transfer stuffing to the prepared baking dish and cover with a sheet of foil.
Bake the stuffing on middle rack of oven for 30 minutes.
Carefully remove the foil. Continue baking until top is crisp and an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of stuffing registers 165°F, 15-20 minutes.
Check to see that stuffing is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
Let stuffing cool for 10 minutes before serving.