No Thanksgiving or Christmas spread is truly complete without pecan pie. This classic one is simple to make and guaranteed to impress!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Pecan Pie.
1. Info for Pecan Pie
- Cook Time: 3 Hr 20 Min
- Total Time: 3 Hr 20 Min
- Servings: 8
- Calories: 576.3 kcal
2. Ingredients for Pecan Pie
- 1 store-bought pie crust
- 8oz. (2 heaping cups) pecan halves
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. bourbon or spiced rum (optional)
- Adjust rack to lowest position in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Place the pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate. Crimp the edges of the crust with either your fingers, a fork, or a spoon.
- Line the pie crust with a sheet of parchment paper large enough to hang over the edges of the plate, and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the crust from the freezer to the oven. Bake the crust on the lowest rack until the edges of the crust are the slightest bit golden and the center of the crust is matte when the parchment is lifted (protect your hands as you check), 15-17 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and carefully lift off the parchment and pie weights.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the pecans on the baking sheet.
- Toast the pecans until lightly browned and fragrant, 8-10 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the pecans to cool slightly before handling.
- Increase the oven temperature to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the corn syrup, brown sugar, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and bourbon or rum, if using.
- Transfer the toasted pecans to a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, roughly chop half of them. Fold the pecans into the sugar and egg mixture until the nuts are thoroughly coated.
- Pour the filling into the blind-baked crust. Cover the edges of the pie with a pie shield or strips of aluminum foil.
- Set the pie on the lowest rack of the preheated oven. Bake for 25 minutes, then remove foil. Continue to bake until the crust is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean, about 25 minutes more.
- Check to see that pie is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Cool the pie on a rack for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving. Leftover pie may be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days.