These delicious, colorful kabobs are terrific served with rice pilaf or flavorful couscous and a medley of grilled vegetables. The Indian spice rub can be made several days in advance. Place in a covered jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Grilled Indian Pork Kabobs with Sweet Onions and Red Bell Peppers.
1. Info for Grilled Indian Pork Kabobs with Sweet Onions and Red Bell Peppers
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 25 min
- Servings: 8
2. Ingredients for Grilled Indian Pork Kabobs with Sweet Onions and Red Bell Peppers
- 4 pound sirloin pork roast, bone-in, boned and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded, deribbed, and cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 large sweet onions, such as Walla Walla or Vidalia, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- To make Indian spice paste, place garlic in food processor and process until minced. Add spices (curry powder, kosher salt, cumin, coriander, cayenne), lemon juice, oil, and water. Process until thoroughly combined.
- Place pork in large self-sealing plastic bag. Pour paste over pork and mix pork with paste until pork is evenly coated. Seal bag and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Prepare medium-hot fire in charcoal grill or preheat gas grill to medium high. Thread pork onto skewers, alternating with pieces of red pepper and onion. Spray grill grate with vegetable oil spray. Grill kabobs directly over medium-hot fire, turning to brown evenly on all sides, for total of 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to warm platter or individual dinner plates and serve.