_Tender, flavorful turkey breast, made in under 45 minutes cook time from start to finish!_
If you’ve spent any time perusing the Internet for recipes in the last year or so, chances are you’ve come across the Instant Pot. As one of the newest trends in home appliances, the Instant Pot is marketed as being a multi-use pressure cooker capable of cooking a variety of foods with cooking times two to six times faster than traditional methods. It’s safe, energy-efficient, and versatile, and in recent years has been finding its way into the shopping carts of home cooks and professional chefs alike.
_The Instant Pot: What can’t it do?_
A quick browse on Pinterest shows that the Instant Pot is the Renaissance Man of small kitchen appliances. Users have been testing the limits of its capabilities, making everything from whole chickens, to mac n’ cheese, to corn on the cob, to cheesecake in record time with this do-all electric pressure cooker. The Instant Pot is exactly the kind of timesaving, multi-purpose appliance that home cooks of fifty years ago would have imagined having in the future, which is fitting, considering it looks like a small spaceship landed on your counter.
Depending on what model of Instant Pot you own, it may have up to ten different functions available, including “slow cooker” and even “yogurt.” This turkey breast recipe uses only one, the standard “pressure cook” setting for high-pressure cooking, making it an easy and approachable recipe perfect for new Instant Pot users, or for anyone who is looking for a low-maintenance weeknight meal. The only hands-on preparation involved is seasoning the turkey breast halves, which takes approximately two minutes. The Instant Pot does the remainder of the work, and a savory and moist turkey main dish is on the table less than forty minutes later.
_What is the best kind of turkey breast to buy?_
This recipe calls specifically for bone-in, skin-on turkey breasts, which are both more flavorful and economical than boneless turkey breasts sold as skinless cutlets. As the turkey cooks, the fat from the skin renders into the bottom of the Instant Pot, just like with roasted turkey in the oven. If time allows, these drippings can be used to make a quick gravy on the stove top. The Instant Pot even has a “keep warm” function that will keep the turkey breasts from going cold while you whip up the gravy, ensuring everything is served together at the perfect temperature. If you’re in a rush or just don’t feel like standing over a stove, rest assured these pressure-cooker turkey breasts are delicious just as they are!
Whether you make this recipe for a weeknight main course with mashed potatoes, as part of your Sunday meal prep, or even a traditional American Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner, cranberry sauce and all, we promise these near-effortless Instant Pot Turkey Breasts will be a hit at the table!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Instant Pot Turkey Breast.
1. Info for Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total Time: 50 min
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 15.84 kcal
2. Ingredients for Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- 2 bone-in turkey breast halves, with skin (approximately 5 lbs.)
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Pat the turkey breasts dry with paper towels. Season liberally on both sides with the salt and pepper, then sprinkle with the thyme, sage, and garlic powder.
- Insert the trivet/steamer rack into the bowl of the Instant Pot, and pour in the chicken broth. Lay the turkey breasts inside the trivet.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot. Set the timer to 35 minutes on the “Pressure Cook” setting, and press start.
- When the Instant Pot beeps indicating the cooking cycle is complete, press “Cancel” and allow the steam to pressure release naturally. This natural release may take 5-10 minutes.
- Once the pressure has released from the Instant Pot, open the lid and carefully transfer the turkey breasts from the trivet to a cutting board or serving platter.
- Carve the turkey breasts as desired, and serve.