Complete this soup with warmed Italian bread and salad of mixed greens.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Italian Cupboard Soup.
1. Info for Italian Cupboard Soup
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Servings: 4
2. Ingredients for Italian Cupboard Soup
- 2 boneless pork chops, cubed
- 1 15-oz can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 2 14 1/2-oz cans chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, OR great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces fresh spinach leaves, torn
- In a deep saucepan, brown the pork in a little oil; add all ingredients except spinach; bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes; stir in torn spinach and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Optional serving suggestion – top with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese just before serving.