These buttery little cookies are easy to make and look wonderfully festive on a holiday platter.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Jam Shortbread Thumbprints.
1. Info for Jam Shortbread Thumbprints
- Cook Time: 31 min
- Total Time: 31 min
- Servings: 12
- Calories: 249.97 kcal
2. Ingredients for Jam Shortbread Thumbprints
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100g per 1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract (optional)
- 2 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup fruit jam
- Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the butter, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract in a medium mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to beat on medium speed until the mixture is pale and well combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the flour and salt to the bowl and beat on low speed, scraping the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed, until a smooth dough forms.
- Divide the cookie dough into 20 balls, using roughly 1 tablespoon of dough for each, and arrange them spaced 1 1/2 inches apart on the baking sheets. Use your thumb to press a 1/4-inch-deep indent in the center of each cookie. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of jam into each indent.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Transfer the cookie sheets to the freezer for 10-15 minutes while the oven preheats.
- Remove the cookies from the freezer and transfer to the prepared baking sheets. Bake on middle rack of oven until puffy and golden brown at the edges, 14-16 minutes.
- Check to see that cookies are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the cookies to rest on the sheets for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.