This classic pound cake is a favorite for all who try it. Each bite is bursting with lemon flavor, making it especially suitable for the spring and summer months.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Lemon Pound Cake.
1. Info for Lemon Pound Cake
- Cook Time: 1 Hr 30 Min
- Total Time: 1 Hr 30 Min
- Servings: 12
- Calories: 309.41 kcal
2. Ingredients for Lemon Pound Cake
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 2 large lemons
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (at room temperature)
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar, lemon zest and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the ingredients together on medium speed until pale and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Add two of the eggs, beat for 20-30 seconds until mostly combined, then add the remaining egg and the sour cream, continuing to beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into the bowl. Beat the mixture on low until it becomes a smooth, thick batter.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the cake on middle rack of oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 60-75 minutes.
- Check to see that cake is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes. To release the cake, run a butter knife between the edge of the cake and the pan. Turn onto a large plate.
- Allow the cake to cool for 1-2 hours before slicing and serving.