When you’re looking for a quick Halloween treat that’s on the healthy side, try drizzling nuts and colorful dried apricots with melted chocolate. The chocolate “glues” the clusters together and adds just the right sweetness. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Angela Brassinga.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for No-Bake Halloween Chocolate Clusters.
1. Info for No-Bake Halloween Chocolate Clusters
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 25 min
- Servings: 12
- Calories: 81.93 kcal
2. Ingredients for No-Bake Halloween Chocolate Clusters
- 1/3 cup walnuts (raw or roasted)
- 1/4 cup dried apricots
- 24 almonds (raw or roasted)
- 3.5 oz. semisweet chocolate (bar chocolate or baking wafers, not chips)
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds (shelled, roasted, salted)
- Flake sea salt (optional)
Line a small baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper.
Coarsely chop the walnuts and apricots.
On the prepared pan, divide the walnuts, apricots, and almonds into 12 compact and separate piles.
Chop the chocolate and transfer to a microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until chocolate is just melted, about 1 1/2 minutes total.
With a teaspoon, drizzle the melted chocolate onto the clusters to “glue” nuts and fruit together. Top warm chocolate with the pumpkin seeds, and add a pinch of salt if desired.
Freeze the clusters until chocolate is set, about 20 minutes.
Serve clusters immediately, or wrap each one in a square of waxed paper and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.