Easy to make this Portuguese Egg Pudding is ready in less than an hour. Drawing inspiration from desserts of the Alentejo region of Portugal, this egg pudding is made with fresh lemon zest and then sprinkled with plenty of cinnamon before being baked to perfection. The end result is a rich pudding with a lovely smooth and creamy texture that is perfectly paired with the cinnamon topping. Serve with your favorite sauce or freshly whipped cream for a tasty post-dinner treat.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Portuguese Egg Pudding.
1. Info for Portuguese Egg Pudding
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total Time: 50 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 517.52 kcal
2. Ingredients for Portuguese Egg Pudding
- 8 eggs, separated
- 250 grams sugar
- 50 grams flour
- 1 pint milk
- Lemon peel
- Cinnamon powder, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- In a saucepan, whip the egg yolks, add the sugar, and whip again.
- Gradually add the flour, milk, and finally the grated lemon peel.
- After everything is whipped, cook over low heat, stirring constantly.
- When the cream is thick, let it cool down slightly before mixing in the egg whites.
- Pour the mix in a deep clay dish, or other ovenproof pan. Sprinkle with a lot of cinnamon powder, and bake for about 20 minutes until pie splits open.