This traditional portuguese sweet bread is made without yeast or butter. Sprinkled with cinnamon sugar on top and baked with brown sugar, this bread has a warm rich flavor. Ideal for the cold winter months.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Portuguese Boleima Bread from Alter-do-Chao.
1. Info for Portuguese Boleima Bread from Alter-do-Chao
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total Time: 50 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 1053.75 kcal
2. Ingredients for Portuguese Boleima Bread from Alter-do-Chao
- 500 grams plain flour
- 200 grams brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 dl. olive oil
- 2 dl. instant coffee
- 1 lemon or orange, zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Sugar, for garnish
- Cinnamon, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a baking tray with olive oil, and dust with flour.
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer until the dough is smooth, with no lumps.
- Place the dough in the tray, and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool, cut into squares, and serve.