This rich, spiced pumpkin bread pudding is a perfect dessert for cool fall evenings.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Pumpkin Bread Pudding.
1. Info for Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total Time: 1 hr
- Servings: 8
- Calories: 219.17 kcal
2. Ingredients for Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 loaf day-old challah (or Italian bread, 16-18 oz.)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9-inch baking dish liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut the bread into 1-inch cubes and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and salt until well combined. Add the bread cubes and raisins (if using) to the bowl. Fold with a rubber spatula until all of the bread is thoroughly coated in the milk mixture.
- Transfer the soaked bread cubes to the prepared casserole dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake the bread pudding on middle rack of oven for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the foil and continue baking until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes.
- Check to see that bread pudding is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- If serving warm, allow the bread pudding to cool for at least 15 minutes before plating. To serve cold, chill bread pudding in refrigerator for at least two hours. Dust with powdered sugar immediately before serving, if desired.