If you’re looking for new dinner ideas to give you a break from typical chicken dishes and grilled cheese sandwiches, here’s an easy dinner recipe to spice up weeknight meals. Made with ground pork, jalapeños, Mexican spices, cheese, and tortillas, not only do these quesadillas make a tasty meal, but they’re easy enough to make that the kids can help get them on the table. Served alongside refried beans, cabbage salad, and Mexican rice, this Spicy Pork Quesadilla recipe is the centerpiece of a supper the whole family will enjoy.
## Recipe Variations
_Tortilla Swap:_ If you aren’t big on flour tortillas, you can use corn tortillas as an alternative. Those that prefer whole wheat can substitute whole wheat tortillas.
_Add Veggies:_ If you need to work more vegetables into your dinners, feel free to add diced bell peppers and corn to the pork mixture.
_Use Up Leftovers:_ You can easily repurpose leftover pork loin, pork roast, or pulled pork in this recipe. For this, cut the pork into small pieces and cook the onions and garlic in olive oil over medium-high heat before tossing in the pork.
_Extras:_ These pork quesadillas are delicious on their own, but you can dress them up with green onions, sour cream, guacamole, diced tomatoes, or pickled vegetables on the side.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Spicy Pork Quesadillas.
1. Info for Spicy Pork Quesadillas
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Servings: 8
- Calories: 354kcal
2. Ingredients for Spicy Pork Quesadillas
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 jalapeno chile, minced*
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, OR jack cheese, grated
- In large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork with onion and garlic until browned; drain off any drippings and remove.
- Stir cumin, oregano, jalapeno and cilantro into pork mixture.
- Wipe out skillet with paper towel and heat over medium-high heat. Place one tortilla in skillet; top with half of the pork mixture, spreading evenly, and sprinkle with 2 Tbsp of cheese.
- Top with another tortilla and cook on one side until nicely browned (about 2-3 minutes), pressing down occasionally on top tortilla (using a spatula or, carefully, your hand). Turn and brown the other side, remove to cutting board and cut into 8 wedges.
- Repeat process to make 8 more quesadilla wedges. Serve with salsa, if desired.