Drizzled in a sticky-sweet soy sauce glaze, it’s nearly impossible to stop eating these crispy wings!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Sweet Asian Sticky Wings.
1. Info for Sweet Asian Sticky Wings
- Cook Time: 1 hr 5 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 5 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 655.87 kcal
2. Ingredients for Sweet Asian Sticky Wings
- 2 lbs. chicken wings
- 2 Tbs. baking powder
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 scallion
- fresh ginger
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a roasting rack on top. Cover the rack with another sheet of foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Use a knife to poke holes all over the foil.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with paper towels.
- Place the chicken wings in a gallon-sized zip-top bag. Sprinkle in the baking powder. Seal the bag and shake until the wings are evenly coated.
- Drizzle the canola oil into the bag of chicken wings. Seal the bag and shake again to coat the chicken wings in oil.
- Arrange the chicken wings on the foil-covered roasting rack.
- Bake the chicken wings on middle rack of oven until browned and crispy, 45-50 minutes. While the wings bake, make the sauce.
- Place the water, soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, rice vinegar, fish sauce, and toasted sesame oil in a small saucepan. Grate or press the garlic and ginger into the pan.
- Set the pan over medium heat and bring to a low boil. Allow the mixture to bubble, whisking occasionally, until it is reduced to about 1/2 cup, 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside. The sauce will thicken slightly as it cools.
- Finely chop the scallion.
- Check to see that chicken wings are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Drizzle the sauce liberally over the chicken wings. Garnish with scallions, and serve immediately.