Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Thai Green Curry Chicken Soup.
1. Info for Thai Green Curry Chicken Soup
- Cook Time: 34 min
- Total Time: 34 min
- Servings: 5
- Calories: 421.71 kcal
2. Ingredients for Thai Green Curry Chicken Soup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1⁄2 large or 1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered, seeded and sliced crosswise
- 4 green onions, white and tender green parts only, chopped
- 2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro sprigs, plus leaves for garnish
- 1 lime (grated peel and juiced)
- 2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk, shaken well before opening
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Warm 1 tablespoon of oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add yellow onion, garlic and pinch of salt, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 8 minutes. Transfer to Dual Wall jar of KitchenAid® Pro Line® Blender.
- Warm remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add pepper and green onions and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and cook until warmed through, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
- Add cilantro, lime peel and juice, curry paste, brown sugar, fish sauce, coconut milk and stock to blender. Secure lid and set blender to Soup setting. Blend until machine turns itself off.
- Alternatively, combine ingredients in blender as directed, secure lid and turn dial to speed 1. Slowly increase speed to high (Speed 10 or 11). Blend until completely smooth and rising steam is visible, about 4 minutes.
- Soup should be hot. Add chicken mixture to blender and pulse 3 to 4 times on low just to incorporate. Season to taste with salt. Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro leaves. To store, let cool, transfer to airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.