Try this chickpea-based vegan loaf as a delicious plant-based meal for Meatless Monday!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Vegan Chickpea “Meatloaf”.
1. Info for Vegan Chickpea “Meatloaf”
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Servings: 10
- Calories: 205.93 kcal
2. Ingredients for Vegan Chickpea “Meatloaf”
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 28 oz. garbanzo beans (2 cans, drained and rinsed)
- 2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (or cashew milk)
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup (for “”meatloaf”” mixture)
- 2 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 Tbsp. vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Dash of cayenne
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup (for first topping of loaf)
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup (for second topping of loaf)
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Place the garbanzo beans, panko, almond milk, flaxseeds, ketchup, tamari, Worcestershire, and spices in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 5-8 times, until ingredients are combined and beans reach the texture of rice.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula so it is even. Spread the ketchup over the top of the loaf.
Bake the loaf on middle rack of oven for 45 minutes.
Open the oven and spread more ketchup over the top of the loaf. Continue baking until the ketchup is darkened and matte, and the loaf is browned at the edges, 15-20 minutes.
Check to see that chickpea loaf is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
Allow loaf to rest for 15-20 minutes before serving.