Spices such as cinnamon, clove, nutmeg and star anise can take even the most pedestrian of treats and give them a holiday flair. If you’re wondering what would please your family while waiting for the main dish to be served at your holiday dinner, my friends at California Lavash and I came up with the perfect crowd pleaser. Thinly cut slices of apples kissed with cinnamon-infused butter layered over crispy lavash crackers make for a healthy and addictive snack. That’s important, considering the number of guilt-inducing desserts I’ve gobbled down over the past couple of weeks.
Seriously, you won’t be able to eat just one. The California Lavash gals and I made over a dozen tasty dishes over the course of two days, but this is by far the most memorable. And you don’t have to shelve the recipe once the holidays are over. If you pack lunch for your kids, put a handful of these in their bag instead of cookies. It will help with New Year’s resolutions!
1. Info for Apple Cinnamon Cracker Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 6
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Apple Cinnamon Cracker Recipe
- 4 sheets lavash flat bread
- 2 Fuji apples, as needed
- ¼ cup turbinado raw sugar (or granulated sugar), to taste
- 1¼ teaspoons combined cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, star anise mix, freshly grated
- Prepping the apples: Cut the apples in half and thinly slice them with skins on. For faster prep time, slice them using the smallest setting of a mandoline.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and spice mix.
- Place a sheet of lavash flat bread on a flat surface. Cover with the thinly sliced apples. Using a medium-mesh strainer, sprinkle with the spiced sugar.
- Using kitchen shears, snip into 3½" squares. A pizza wheel would work fine too.
- Transfer to several baking pans lined with parchment paper. Bake for 5-8 minutes until the apples have dried and the bread is slightly golden and hard like a cracker. Remove from the oven and let cool until firm.
- Serve with a wheel of ripe double-cream brie, sharp cheddar, Parmesan shavings, dried figs, dried apricots and grapes on the side.
- Bon appétit!