Here’s the seafood dish I promised I’d share with you. I prepared it wih the balsamic marinated eggplants. I marinated seabass in the same dressing as the eggplants, with cocoa, quality balsamic vinegar and soy sauce.
Seabass is such a delicate and exquisite fish. The idea is to pan-sear it first to form an outer crust and complete cooking it in the oven so the inside remains ultra moist.
1. Info for Cocoa Balsamic Sea Bass Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 6
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Cocoa Balsamic Sea Bass Recipe
- 6 (6 to 8-ounce) medallions of sea bass
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons raw sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons curly parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- Clean and skin the sea bass. Pat dry using paper towels. Place the fish in a small, deep dish. Drizzle with the juice of 1 lemon. Season with red chili flakes, nutmeg, ginger, celery seeds, ground coriander and kosher salt. Spread the mixture all over the fish. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Remove the fish from the refrigerator and bring it back to room temperature. Remove the fish from the dish and pat dry one more time.
- In a small bowl, combine the cocoa and balsamic vinegar. Mix well. Set aside.
- In a sealable jar, dissolve the sugar in the remaining lemon juice, then add the mustard. Mix well. Add 2 tablespoons cocoa balsamic vinegar, the pickled garlic and olive oil. Season with soy sauce. Cover with a lid and shake well until combined.
- In a non-stick pan that can be used in the oven, heat 3 tablespoons of oil and add garlic. Cook for a minute until fragrant. Add the fish and sear it. Using a silicone brush, baste the fish with the dressing. Cook for about 5 minutes. Flip the fish using a large spatula. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Immediately transfer to the oven. Spoon the remaining dressing over the fish and roast for 12-14 minutes. Drizzle with the reserved cocoa balsamic vinegar, change the oven setting and broil for 2-3 more minutes. Garnish with dill and curly parsley.
- I served the fish with the marinated eggplants.
- Bon appétit!
4. Tips and advices:
- Using the dressing for both the fish and the vegetables is a great time saver for making quick and easy meals.