Here’s a pizza that’s not only delicious, but will take you no more than 10 minutes tops to prepare. I used California Pizza Lavash bread and topped it with colorful elements: turkey bacon and a bit of feta cheese for the base, covered with yellow bell pepper, freshly cut juicy tomatoes, arugula and a drizzle of balsamic syrup.
You can’t beat that. Moreover, it’s quite healthy (just make sure to control the portions of bacon and cheese).
1. Info for Light Pizza Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 2
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Light Pizza Recipe
- 2 sheets pizza lavash bread, see tips
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 grape tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 sprig lemon thyme
3.1 For the roasted bell pepper
Wash the bell pepper, pat dry, then brush with a little oil. Place a grill on your stove and char all the skin. Wrap in aluminum foil. Let cool for about 10 minutes. Wash under running water and the skin will come right off. Seed and thinly slice it; set aside until needed.
3.2 For the bacon
In a small pan, heat the oil. Add the turkey bacon and cook for 2-3 minutes.
For the balsamic syrup: In a small saucepan, add the balsamic vinegar and lemon thyme. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove and discard the lemon thyme sprig.
3.3 Assembly time
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
On a hot, un-greased pizza stone, re-heat the flat breads, one at a time, for about 20 seconds on each side. Sprinkle shallots and cheese onto each flat bread. Let cook until the cheese is warm. Remove from the heat. Garnish with yellow bell pepper, tomatoes and arugula. Drizzle with the balsamic syrup.
4. Tips and advices:
- I used California pizza lavash bread; it’s also known as lahvash and cracker bread. It’s a huge time saver for making quick and easy meals. You could also replace it with tortilla wraps.
- For a vegetarian version, you could use soy bacon bits.
- You can make mini-pizzas and serve them as appetizers.