A few weeks ago, for my Make Your Own Monday series, I published a quick puff pastry recipe. I used the dough to make these fancy pizzas for my son’s fourteenth birthday party. I didn’t tell any of the boys who attended what they were eating. I simply put one of these babies in front of each of them and let them go to town. All of them devoured them. One boy left a few figs on the side, but not one of them asked what was in the “pizza.” I wonder what they’d have said if I mentioned the goat cheese.
It is my opinion that they’d have run for the hills. Luckily, they were on their best behavior and didn’t ask about any of the food I made for them that night.
1. Info for Fancy Pizza: Prosciutto Fig Pizzettes
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Fancy Pizza: Prosciutto Fig Pizzettes
- 1 recipe puff pastry (or 1 box frozen store bought)
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp dried figs, chopped
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 5 large slices Asiago cheese
- Divide the dough into 8 sections.
- Press it into 8 4inch tart pans.
- Divide the goat cheese into 8 parts and spread it on top of the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle the figs and prosciutto over the goat cheese.
- Top with broken slices of cheese (if you get it from the deli like I did, the cheese will be larger than the tarts…if you are slicing your own, slice 8 pieces).
- Bake 12-15 minutes at 450 degrees or until golden brown and bubbly.