Welcome to another month’s Improv Challenge! January is all about Sour Cream and Lemons. I fully intended to make lemon hand pies with sour cream crust this month. I had it all planned out. I had found a couple of recipes to use as spring boards to create something wonderful. And then BANG! My mind was beset with thoughts of pizza. And oh boy! What a pizza this was, especially seeings it was my last wheat pizza.
I mixed store bought pesto with sour cream for the sauce of the pizza. The cheese was mozzarella and sun-dried tomato feta. The toppings were roasted peppers, lemon zest, chicken breast and sauteed shiitake mushrooms. Ooodelally! This was Fan.Tas.Tic!! The lemon gave the pizza an unexpected zing that I really liked.
1. Info for Mediterranean Pizza
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Mediterranean Pizza
- pizza crust to make 2 12 inch pizzas
- 3 ounces cooked chicken, cut into little tiny pieces
- zest of one large lemon, chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut into small pieces
- 4-5 mushrooms, sliced and sauteed in olive oil
- 3 ounces feta, crumbled
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- garlic powder
- Roll out the dough to make a large pizza (or two small ones).
- Combine the pesto and sour cream in a bowl and spread over the unbaked pizza dough.
- Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Add the toppings and sprinkle the whole pizza with a healthy dash of garlic powder.
- Bake 450 degrees for 12 minutes.