Everything is a little bit Irish on March 17, including your food. While green pasta, oatmeal or soup sounds exciting, green desserts are festive, beautiful and divinely delicious. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with an array of these green desserts. I am not sure if they are all genuinely Irish, but I know exactly that they are incredibly tasty.
Pinterest is a great source of inspiration and here is what I found while looking for the dessert ideas to surprise people I love on St. Paddy’s Day.
1. Low Fat Green Mint Crinkle CookiesIf you watch your calorie intake and can’t allow yourself any piece of cookie or cake, consider making these low fat green cookies for Patrick’s Day. I love their mint flavor and color, of course. Get the recipe here.
2. Leprechaun Hat S’moresSurprise your little leprechauns with these creative treats on Patrick’s Day. Leprechaun Hat S’mores look like you spent all day making them, when in fact you might spend less than an hour, depending on how many you will want to make. Get the recipe here.
3. Jello ParfaitsLooking for a budget-friendly Patrick’s Day dessert recipe that includes only two ingredients? Jello parfaits will help you save money and treat your guests to elegant desserts so no one will notice you are on a pinched budget. Get the recipe here.
4. Green Velvet CheesecakeEven though the cheesecake takes some time to prepare, it is rather easy to make. Green velvet cheesecake is perfect for a kid-friendly party as well as a small family gathering or a crazy party for your friends. Get the recipe here.
5. Green Velvet CupcakesNothing says Patrick’s Day quite like green velvet cupcakes. They are classic and versatile. You can experiment with your ingredient list and different frostings. Plus, the decorating possibilities are endless. Green velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting are my favorite ones. Get the recipe here.
6. Sour Patch GrapesIf all you have in your kitchen is a bunch of green grapes and 1 package of lime jello, you can create a tasty and healthy treat in a matter of a few minutes – the refrigerating time does not count, right? Get the recipe here.
7. Paddy’s PuddingWhen creating this creamy, green pudding dessert, you do not have to be in the mood to cook. 10 minutes, 5 ingredients, some mixing and a super delicious dessert for any Patrick’s Day party is ready. Get the recipe here.
8. St. Patrick’s Day Rice Krispie TreatsRice Krispie Treats are incredibly easy to make and they are much healthier than store-bought ones. Well, they are not green and they are not cakes, but they make a fantastic Patrick’s Day dessert. Get the recipe here.
9. Chocolate-Mint ThumbprintsHosting a big Patrick’s Day party? Chocolate-mint thumbprints will satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth, even those who hate sweets. This is probably the most time-consuming recipe on this list, but the result is worth your time and effort. Get the recipe here.
10. Drunken Grasshopper FudgeFinally, if you are looking for a Patrick’s Day dessert for adults, this bite-size treat is all you need to wow your friends. Make sure your little ones have no access to it. Get the recipe here.
There are a plethora of Patrick’s Day dessert recipes out there. But I chose the most unique ones. Let me know if you have any other ideas in the comments.