Warmer weather means nobody wants to be cooped up in a sweltering kitchen for hours making dinner. Tonight, try one of these quick and easy summer dinner recipes instead. Don’t be fooled, though. Even without all the extra time, they pack a flavorful punch.
1. Rosemary Ranch Chicken Skewers
Moist, tender and delicious, this chicken recipe is sure to please even your pickiest eaters.
- Cuisine: American;
- Category: Main Dish;
- Serves: 2-4;
- Prep Time:50 min;
- Cook time:10 min;
- Nutrition Per Serving: 378;
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup creamy ranch dressing
- 2½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- ¾ tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
In a large, non-metal bowl, whisk together all ingredients except for the chicken. Add the chicken thighs and stir well to coat. Cover and allow to marinate for about 20 minutes.
Preheat your outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Thread chicken onto wooden skewers that have been soaked in water. Grill for about 10 minutes, or until juices run clear.
This crowd pleasing recipe is easily adaptable. For a tasty twist, omit the olive oil, use your favorite Italian dressing instead of ranch, and swap the rosemary for fresh, chopped thyme.