Stuffed pumpkin will not surprise anyone, but still I will try. This pumpkin is something.
Prep time: 35 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 55 mins
- 1 Large spaghetti squash (or 2 small/medium), Cut in half crosswise**
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Cup kale or spinach (optional)
- ⅔ Cup chicken broth
- Salt to taste
- Minced fresh basil to garnish
- 1 Pound chorizo
- Heat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the squash halves face-down. Bake for 35 minutes, then remove from the oven and flip the squash over to cool while you cook the chorizo.
- Heat a deep pan or dutch oven over medium heat. Crumble the chorizo into the pan and cook until browned, 8-10 minutes. Break up the chorizo with the back of your spoon and stir as it cooks.
- Stir in the spinach or kale and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until the greens wilt.
- Pour the chicken broth and crushed tomato into the pan. Scrape the spaghetti squash strands from the shell and stir them into the pan. Bring everything to a low boil and then reduce the heat (5-7 minutes).
- Season to taste with salt and fresh basil, and serve.
** Cut the squash in half crosswise (the easy way!) instead of lengthwise for longer “noodle” strands.