Are you one of the many gardeners with an over abundance of zucchini? Are you sick and tired of zucchini bread and cake? Are you looking for a different way to serve that plentiful vegetable? Or are you like me; gardenless and wanting to simply enjoy this summer squash while it is in season? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this recipe is for you!
The best thing about this simple soup is that it only takes 20 minutes to make, maybe even less if you are quick. Now that’s something to smile about! I like to add a teaspoon of dried herbs to the soup in step one. Thyme is my favorite herb, but basil, oregano or cilantro would be great, too. It would change up the soup, too, so as you work through your garden, you won’t get sick of the soup.
1. Info for Cream of Zucchini Soup
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Cream of Zucchini Soup
- 1 pound summer squash cut into ½ inch slices
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 1 Tbsp butter
- In a large pot, boil squash, water, onion, and bouillon.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- In a food processor, puree soup in batches. return all to the pan.
- Add milk and butter; cook and stir until butter is melted.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.