This is a basic frozen custard. La crème glacée, c’est délicieux!
1. Info for Crème Glacée (Sweet Cream Glacé)
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 4
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Crème Glacée (Sweet Cream Glacé)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 oz superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, optional
- In a saucepan, bring the milk, cinnamon and maple syrup to a boil. Immediately remove from the heat as soon as it starts boiling.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar using a hand mixer until the color is a pale yellow for about 3 to 5 minutes. Add a ladel-full of the milk mixture to the eggs to prevent the eggs from curdling, whisk constantly. Add another ladel-full of the milk mixture. Bring all the liquid back to the saucepan.
- Using another bigger saucepan filled with simmering water, create a double boiler for the egg mixture. Heat the custard at a low temperature. Keep stirring with a wooden spoon until liquid thickens. The liquid should be able to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat and immediately add the cream. Transfer to a bowl, add the vanilla extract. Strain the custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a big pitcher. Let it cool down.
- Add powdered sugar if not sweet enough. Remember, the ice cream custard should be slightly sweeter to your taste because it will taste less sweet when it’s frozen.
- Transfer to the refrigerator for at least 3 hours when it reaches room temperature . Your custard should be as cold as possible before you put it in the machine.
- Pour into your ice cream maker canister. Fill up two-thirds of it as the ice cream will expand and let the machine do its magic. The consistency will be firm but still soft-serve; transfer the ice cream into an airtight container in the freezer to harden for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer at least 5 to 10 minutes prior to serving for a softer product. Scoop the ice cream into a bowl, drizzle with the caramel au beurre salé and garnish with mint leaves.