I simply love the amazing growing season here in Florida. We have vine ripened tomatoes in February! And while it does seem that I am boasting a bit about our fine winter produce, remember that in the middle of the summer, we will be miserable. The summer heat, humidity and possible hurricanes sort of make up for the harsh winter you might be going through right now. My husband and I have long loved the combination of tomatoes and cucumbers. We have been eating this “summer” salad for decades. Try as we might, however, we cannot get our children to like fresh tomatoes. So, my husband and I get to eat the salad all by ourselves. You won’t hear us complaining, though. This salad is so refreshing and delicious, we would gladly eat it all the time.
1. Info for Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 dry pint grape tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1-2 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, salt, honey and pepper.
- Place cucumber and tomatoes in a larger bowl.
- Pour oil mixture over vegetables.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.