This Mexican Style Pasta Salad was truly inspired. It is amazing. Pasta salads are almost always Italian, right? Well, I decided to take my inspiration from my surroundings and go Southwest. Who knew? You will love this.
The spiciness of the salad depends completely on the level of heat of your salsa. If you are serving this to children and otherwise flavor sensitive folks, use mild. If you want a little more heat, use medium. If you like living on the edge, then, by all means, use hot. Please don’t invite me over if you choose the hot. I am a complete spice wimp.
I was thinking the other day that this salad would also be great with chopped up chicken and a green tomatilla salsa. I must try that next. However, here is the meatless, red version, all prettied up, just for you. Olè!
1. Info for Fiesta Pasta Salad
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Fiesta Pasta Salad
- 12 ounce package farfalle or spiral pasta
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 16oz jar salsa
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- u00bd tsp salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, cheese, salsa, black olives, cilantro, mayonnaise and salt.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Note: the flavor gets better the longer you wait until serving, if it seems dry, add more salsa.
4. Tips and advices:
- Make this gluten free by using gf pasta.