This creamy, festive holiday dessert delivers all the flavor of a classic pumpkin pie without the dairy, egg, or gluten. Condensed coconut milk, which is available in grocery stores’ baking aisles, stands in for the usual cream, and cornstarch thickens the filling instead of eggs. As for the pie crust, grocery stores now sell many options for gluten-free versions.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free Pumpkin Pie.
1. Info for Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free Pumpkin Pie
- Cook Time: 1 hr 5 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 5 min
- Servings: 8
2. Ingredients for Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free Pumpkin Pie
- 1 can unsweetened pumpkin puree (15 oz. per can)
- 1 can condensed coconut milk (11.5 oz. per can, find in the baking aisle)
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 gluten-free pie crust (9-inch, store-bought or homemade, pre-baked)
- Non-dairy whipped topping
- Chopped candied ginger
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, coconut condensed milk, cornstarch, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla until smooth.
Pour the mixture into the pre-baked pie crust.
Bake the pie on middle rack of oven until it is set, and no longer jiggles in the center when gently shaken, 50-60 minutes.
Check to see that pie is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
Cool pie on a cooling rack for 30 minutes, then transfer to refrigerator for 1 1/2 hours to cool completely.
Slice pie and serve with non-dairy whipped topping and chopped candied ginger. Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 2 days.