When I was pregnant with Princess Pat, I fell in love with Nature’s Path Pumpkin Flax Granola cereal. I could have eaten that stuff every morning and never gotten sick of it. It was expensive, though, so I only ate it when I was feeling splurgy (I may have made that word up). A few months ago, I tried it again and darn it, if they hadn’t changed the recipe slightly and put way less cereal in the package. I had to come up with my own version.
1. Info for Homemade Granola Cereal
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Homemade Granola Cereal
- 3 cups oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup almond or chestnut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅔ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp whole flax seeds or chia seeds
- 2 cups chopped dried fruit (optional)
- Heat the oil and honey.
- Combine the oats, coconut, almond flour, cinnamon, salt, oil and honey.
- Spread on a greased jelly roll pan and bake 300 degrees for 35 minutes (or until crispy), bringing it out half way to toss/stir.
- Let cool on the pan, then add seeds and fruit as wanted.
- Store in an airtight container.