This is one of the prettiest dishes. The bright colors of the vegetables were really accented this year when I used “orangetti,” a spaghetti squash with an extra dose of beta carotene. That bright orange just screamed vitamins and good health. Luckily, my kids didn’t hear that message or they’d likely not have wanted to eat it. However, they did enjoy the great Italian flavors.
1. Info for Italian Sausage Over Spaghetti Squash
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Italian Sausage Over Spaghetti Squash
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can Great Northern beans, drained
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 can Italian tomatoes (I used fresh)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- Cut the squash in half.
- Scoop out the insides, prick the skin and lay it cut side down in a glass pan.
- Pour ½ cup water over it and cover.
- Microwave 15 minutes or until done.
- Scoop out strands and place on platter.
- Meanwhile (or maybe first!) brown sausage in a pan, drain.
- Add onion, pepper and garlic and cook until onions are almost done.
- Add the zucchini, beans, tomatoes and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour over the spaghetti squash and serve.