I have been obsessively watching the latest Food Network Star competition along with the American Baking Competition. My conclusions are that I am very happy to be a home cook/food blogger without any cameras or time clocks in my face. Along those same lines, I have realized I have poor knife skills and few baking recipes fully memorized. I would fail the challenges calling for show stopper desserts or a full course dinner for 100. It’s a good thing that I have no aspirations in that direction.
Right now, I am liking convenient foods. Note that I did not say convenience foods. There is a difference. The latter is, in my personal dictionary, referring to pre-made, store bought, bad-for-you foods. Convenient foods, mean dishes that go together quickly, have few ingredients and are well received by the panel of judges (aka the family). These key lime tarts are just such convenient foods. Counting the whipped cream on top, there are only 5 ingredients in them and they didn’t take a lot of time to put together either. They are perfect for a lazy summer day.
1. Info for Key Lime Tarts
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Key Lime Tarts
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 9 large graham cracker portions, crushed into crumbs
- whipped cream
- Combine melted butter and graham cracker crumbs.
- Pat into the bottom of five 4 or 5 inch diameter tart pans.
- Bake 8 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven.
- Combine condensed milk and lime juice in a bowl.
- Let sit five minutes to thicken and pour into the tart pans.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Top with whipped cream to serve.