I loved Florida, but I am so happy to be in the Northwest again. We are close to family, the weather is so much more temperate and the food is amazing! I think I could eat berries all the time and here in Washington, with the help of my freezer, I can do just that! We celebrated our arrival with a Marionberry Pie. Marionberries are just domesticated blackberries. We will probably pick wild berries next year, but this year, I opted for store bought berries. I just couldn’t wait a whole year!!
Of course I made it gluten free. I used Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free pie crust mix. It’s my favorite. However, you can use whatever kind of crust you want; gluten full or gluten-free. The filling is naturally gluten-free using normal ingredients. I had 1/2 a cup of raspberries that I threw in just for fun. It didn’t do much for the flavor or color, but I did it just the same.
1. Info for Marionberry Pie
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 mins
- Total Time: 1hr 50 mins
- Servings: 1
- Calories: 370kcal
2. Ingredients for Marionberry Pie
- 1 single crust pie (plan to make the crust thin so there is a bit for cut outs on the top)
- 5 cups Marion berries
- 1½ cups sugar (regular or coconut palm)
- 3 Tbsp quick cooking tapioca
- Cut out a few little shapes from the pie crust for the top.
- Prepare the rest as a bottom crust.
- Combine the berries, sugar, salt and tapioca.
- Top with pie crust pieces.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes, or until thick and bubbly.