Sick of cream of mushroom soup and fried onions in your green bean casserole? This original version is miles away from tradition. With goat cheese and a honey-balsamic sauce, this may get your taste buds up and dancing. It is definitely my new favorite.
1. Info for Not Your Mother’s Green Bean Casserole
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Not Your Mother’s Green Bean Casserole
- 3 cans cut green beans, drained (or two small packages frozen)
- 2 onions, sliced thinly
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1½ Tbsp bacon fat (or olive oil)
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1½ tsp honey
- 2 oz log goat cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- In a large skillet, saute onions and pepper in bacon fat.
- Stir in balsamic and honey and cook for 1 minute.
- Add green beans.
- If using frozen, you will have to stir and cook for longer.
- Cut cheeses and stir into skillet until creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to a 9×13 pan and top with Parmesan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.