This is a great gluten-free chocolate chip cookie recipe. If you use mini chips, you get chocolate in every bite.As far as I am concerned, gluten-free living is fine as long as I can still have a few old stand-by foods. I need a decent slice of toast (I love Three Baker’s Bread), I need pancakes and I need chocolate. Cookies, brownies, cheesecake, I don’t care what form it comes in, but I need, I need, I need!!!
This recipe is adapted from the cookbook, Easy Everyday Gluten-Free Cooking: Includes 250 Delicious Recipes. It’s a great all-round gluten-free cookbook for all levels of gf eating and cooking. I don’t eat refined sugars as a rule, so I substituted coconut sugar. Use brown sugar if you want.
1. Info for Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups plus 2 Tbsp all-purpose gluten-free flour mix
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1¼ cups coconut palm sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream coconut oil and coconut sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and beat until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.