My poor family. Seriously. My second son turned sixteen recently. He asked if I’d make him a key lime pie. He ended up with a key lime cheesecake parfait (recipe to come soon). This time, my husband asked me to make “those butterscotch cookies with oatmeal.” This time, he got a pie. If the darned things hadn’t turned out so good, I would almost feel sorry for him. But the whole gang is on to me and has realized that I have not been making exactly what they asked for. They have all put their proverbial feet down and are demanding more “staples” and less creativity on my part.
We will see how long I last. I think that I might be able to get away with a two for one deal. Maybe for every two “normal” desserts that I make, I might be able to sneak in another newbie. It’s not like I am asking them to eat liver! I could talk myself out of feeling sorry for them if I think about it too long. I mean who complains about pie?
Show of hands…who wouldn’t want to dive right into a slice of this baby?
Cookies ~ Schmookies.
1. Info for Oatmeal Scotchie Pie
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 60 mins
- Servings: 8
- Calories: 130kcal
2. Ingredients for Oatmeal Scotchie Pie
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup butterscotch morsels
- 1 cup rolled oats
- In a bowl, stir together maple syrup brown sugar, cinnamon, eggs, vanilla, orange extract, cayenne, salt and milk until smooth.
- Add melted butter, butterscotch chips and oatmeal.
- Stir well.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until middle no longer shakes when moved.
- Cool completely before serving and store in refrigerator.