I rarely glaze hams, opting instead to simply cook them plain. This was a fun variation from the norm. In fact, it was downright delicious and will probably make a repeat appearance on our table next month, along with those amazing scalloped potatoes.
1. Info for Orange Cardamom Glaze Ham
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins
- Servings: 8
- Calories: 453kcal
2. Ingredients for Orange Cardamom Glaze Ham
- juice of 3 large oranges
- 1 tsp freshly ground cardamom
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ⅛ tsp ground white pepper
- 1 fully cooked ham (shank, spiral, whatever you have)
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the ham, in a saucepan.
- Stir and heat until mixture boils.
- Reduce heat and simmer until it reduces by half.
- Place ham in roasting pan.
- Spoon ⅓ of mixture over ham.
- Bake in oven according to ham package directions.
- After 40 minutes, spoon ½ of remaining glaze over ham.
- After another 20 minutes spoon remaining glaze on ham and finish up remaining cook time.