It’s February, the month of red roses, Valentines and fancy dinners (I sure hope the Good Guy reads this and gets the hint!). I thought I’d share a little red here and there, starting off with this wonderful Red Pepper Risotto.
This dish would make a lovely side to a romantic candlelight dinner. It would be perfectly at home accompanying any meat or as part of a vegetarian spread. It’s even gluten free. It’s filled with all sorts of yumminess like pesto sauce, Asiago cheese, Feta cheese, onions, lots of garlic and of course, roasted red peppers. How can you go wrong?
1. Info for Red Pepper Risotto
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Red Pepper Risotto
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1½ cups arborio rice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted and chopped
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil.
- Add the arborio rice to the pan and stir it around for a minute to toast it slightly.
- Add 1 cup of broth to the pan and stir it until the liquid is absorbed completely.
- Add another cup of broth and continue stirring.
- Remember to keep stirring so the rice doesn’t burn as the liquid disappears.
- Add another cup and then the last cup repeating the stirring/absorption process.
- It will take about 20 minutes.
- By then, the rice should be nice and creamy.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients and serve warm.