I love spinach. I have enjoyed eating it my whole life. That could have something to do with the fact that part of my after school cartoon line up included old reruns of Popeye. It could also have to do with my mom’s spinach casserole, a cheese and mushroom laden delicacy that I am realizing as I type this I have never posted. Whatever the reason, spinach is tops with me.
Not all of my kids agree with me. I can sneak it in lasagna and they don’t complain. I can add a few fresh leaves to a mostly lettuce salad and they only grumble mildly. However if I serve it straight, only 2 out of 5 will eat it. It’s just the way it is. I have had to come to terms that it may be years before those other 3 recognize how wonderful spinach actually is.
In the mean time, I serve them green beans and the rest of us enjoy dishes like this sauteed spinach with walnuts.
1. Info for Sauteed Spinach with Walnuts
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Sauteed Spinach with Walnuts
- 1 bag baby spinach, rinsed and dried
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced fine
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium.
- Add garlic, walnuts and raisins.
- Stir and cook until garlic is soft, walnuts begin to toast and raisins plump.
- Add spinach.
- Stir and cook until spinach wilts.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste