These Spinach Squares are straight out of the 1970s. My mom served them at all of her dinner parties when I was a little girl. I loved them and always asked if I could have some before Mom loaded up her serving trays. Over the years, these became a little passe and didn’t show up as often, but that didn’t lesson their delicious factor one bit. I made these recently for a ladies function and they were a huge hit. My kids gobbled up all of the leftovers. Vintage recipes rule!
1. Info for Spinach Squares
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 109 kcal
2. Ingredients for Spinach Squares
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 2 10oz bricks frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- Place butter in a 9X13 pan and heat the pan in a 350 degree oven until the butter melts.
- Mix all the other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Remove the pan from the oven and pour the mixture over the butter.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool the pan for 30 minutes before cutting.
- Serve warm