Meatballs are so delicious, but I get a little overwhelmed by the grease in ground beef. The solution was to make some party meatballs from ground turkey. In order to get around my gluten intolerance, I opted to use potato flakes instead of the usual bread crumbs. These meatballs are not just for dipping, though. They would be excellent in Swedish meatballs or with spaghetti. I am thinking I need to find gluten free hoagie buns and make a big sandwich. For now, though, with the football festivities reigning in the US, these are perfect for a game watching party.
1. Info for Turkey Meatballs with Blackberry Sauce
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Turkey Meatballs with Blackberry Sauce
- 20 oz ground turkey
- 1 small onion, minced fine
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup blackberry all-fruit preserves
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ⅛ tsp hot pepper sauce
- In a bowl, mix the turkey, onion, egg, Worcestershire, garlic, Dijon, salt, pepper and potato flakes until well combined.
- You may need to use your hands.
- Form small acorn sized meatballs and place them on a wire rack that has been placed in a rimmed, foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs in a 375 degree oven until their internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- The time needed depends on how big your meatballs are.
- Big meatballs take 30 minutes.
- Smaller ones may only take 20-25.
- Use a meat thermometer to be safe.
- For sauce, place preserves in a glass bowl and heat in the microwave 1 minute.
- Be careful, it will be hot!
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Serve cooked meatballs with sauce.