This time I decided to cook something that will contain next ingredients: strawberries, steak and cream.
I immediately thought of a salad. I have always been partial to steak in a salad. I almost used all three ingredients; but a creamy dressing just didn’t work with the lightness of the salad. I marinated the steak and topped it with a balsamic vinaigrette. Strawberries, mushrooms, blue cheese topped off the baby spinach and spring greens.
1. Info for Strawberry and Steak Salad
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Strawberry and Steak Salad
- 1 pound lean steak, sliced thinly
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 pound strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- balsamic vinaigrette like Ken’s lite balsamic & basil or Newman’s lite balsamic
- In a glass bowl or pan, combine the Worcestershire, olive oil, lemon juice, seasonings and salt.
- Toss steak with marinade, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Cook steak in a nonstick skillet until done, maybe 10 minutes over medium.
- Use tongs to remove meat to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Toss mushrooms, strawberries, steak and lettuce.
- Serve on plates, sprinkle each with cheese and drizzle with vinaigrette.