I love chicken salad in croissants. For years it’s been my go to girlie luncheon menu choice. Now that I am gluten-free, however, those buttery, fat laden, delicious croissants are a thing of my past. Chicken salad, on the other hand, is not off limits. Now my salad vehicle of choice is a green leaf. Lettuce is good, but Belgian Endive is more fun. Who can resist picking up a scoop full of delicious chicken salad?
I received a box of six Saucy Mama mustards last week with which to create a dish for the “Skinny Mama – Cooking with Mustard” Recipe Contest. The first thing I did was open all the bottles and taste them. It was so much fun to ponder the differences in each flavor. Smoky Garlic, Champagne and Honey, Dijon, Yellow, Tarragon Lemon and Chipotle are all very, very different. In the end, I chose to use the Champagne and Honey mustard. It went perfectly with all of the other things I added to my chicken salad. With endive scoops full of salad, I don’t miss the croissants…..much.
1. Info for Saucy Mama Honey Mustard Chicken Salad in Endive Cups
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Saucy Mama Honey Mustard Chicken Salad in Endive Cups
- 1 pound chicken breast, cooked and shredded or cut into small cubes
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp Saucy Mama Champagne Honey Mustard
- 2 heads Belgian endive
- Place chicken and green onion in a medium sized bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the limes juice, chili powder, salt, garlic powder and honey until smooth.
- Pour over the chicken and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and Saucy Mama Champagne Honey Mustard in a bowl.
- Stir into the chicken mixture along with the pecans.
- Wash the endive and separate each leaf.
- Spoon chicken salad into the “scoops” of each leaf.
- Serve immediately, because the leaves will turn brown if left too long.