Recently, I received a package from Marx Foods containing five different kinds of dried wild mushrooms. My mission was to create a wonderful new recipe using one or all of the varieties. The varieties included chanterelle, porcini, matsusake, lobster and black trumpet mushrooms. I spent about 20 minutes just smelling the open bags. It was like Christmas! My sons all thought I was nuts.
So, after doing a bit of research, I came up with this recipe. It is vegetarian and totally delicious.
This is a homemade ravioli with butternut squash in the pasta dough, filled with lobster mushrooms, ricotta, asiago, and marscapone. They are covered in a butter/truffle oil sauce with garlic, more lobster mushrooms and summer savory. It’s different from most butternut raviolis in that there is squash in the actual pasta, not in the filling.
1. Info for Three Cheese Butternut Ravioli with Lobster Mushrooms
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Three Cheese Butternut Ravioli with Lobster Mushrooms
- For the ravioli:
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- For the filling:
- 1 16 ounce container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- For the Lobster Mushroom Butter Sauce:
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp truffle oil
- ⅓ cup white wine (I used non-alcoholic)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried summer savory
- Pour the flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center and add the eggs, squash and herbs.
- Mix with a fork, until a ball forms.
- Knead on a floured surface for 5 minutes or until the dough becomes elastic and smooth.
- Cover and let rest while you make the filling.
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Roll out and cut ravioli.
- Place a teaspoon of filling in each.
- Boil pasta five at a time in gently boiling water.
- Serve with sauce or sprinkle with cheese.
- To make sauce: Heat butter and oil over medium heat and saute the garlic and lobster mushrooms for five minutes.
- Add the wine and seasonings.
- Let it simmer gently for a few minutes and serve.