Buttery sour cream coffee cake bursting with fresh blueberries and topped with a sweet crumble is a treat you’ll look forward to eating all year long with your morning coffee.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Blueberry Coffee Cake.
1. Info for Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total Time: 55 min
- Servings: 14
- Calories: 345.36 kcal
2. Ingredients for Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened, for cake)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (for cake)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cup cake flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for cake)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar (for cake)
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt (for crumble)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter (melted, for crumble)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9-inch square pan liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to cream the ingredients together on medium-high speed until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Add the eggs and sour cream and continue beating until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the bowl. Mix on low speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed, until a smooth, thick batter forms. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer.
- Place the flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing bowl and stir with a fork to combine. Drizzle the melted butter over the flour mixture, and mix until the mixture forms large crumbs. Sprinkle the crumble evenly over the cake batter.
- Bake the coffee cake on middle rack of oven until the topping is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-45 minutes.
- Check to see that the coffee cake is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes before serving. To store, cover tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and keep at room temperature for 1-2 days, refrigerate for up to a week, or freeze for up to 2-3 months.