This crust bakes up crisp and sturdy with just cauliflower, cornstarch, and egg. Top it up with some dairy-free cheese, and you’ve got yourself a cauliflower crust pizza like no other!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Cheesy Gluten-Free Cauliflower Crust Pizzas.
1. Info for Cheesy Gluten-Free Cauliflower Crust Pizzas
- Cook Time: 1 hr 5 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 5 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 169.82 kcal
2. Ingredients for Cheesy Gluten-Free Cauliflower Crust Pizzas
- 2 (12oz.) bags frozen riced cauliflower
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Black pepper
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (65g) cornstarch
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup (2.75oz) pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- ¾ cup (3oz.) shredded “pizza blend” or mozzarella cheese, dairy or non-dairy
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Thaw the bags of frozen riced cauliflower in the microwave according to package directions.
- Set a large fine-meshed sieve over the sink. Turn the riced cauliflower into the sieve and strain.
- Place the cauliflower on the center of a large dish towel. Gather the towel into a sack and hold over a bowl or sink. Firmly squeeze the cauliflower until water no longer drips out.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large mixing bowl. Press down on it with paper towels to remove any last traces of water. Add the garlic powder, salt, black pepper, egg, and cornstarch. Mix thoroughly with a fork until the cauliflower is evenly coated and pale yellow in color.
- Divide the cauliflower into two equal mounds on each baking sheet. With clean hands, firmly pack the mounds into discs approximately 1/2 inch thick and 7-8 inches in diameter.
- Bake the cauliflower crusts on middle rack of oven for 35 minutes.
- When the crusts are firm, browned on the edges, and slightly golden on top, open the oven door and quickly brush the surface of each with a thin layer of egg white. Close the oven and continue baking the crusts for 4-5 minutes longer.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Spread a generous 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce evenly onto the center of each cauliflower crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the sauce. Sprinkle equal amounts of shredded cheese and Italian seasoning over each cauliflower crust.
- Return the pizzas to oven and bake until the cheese is bubbly and golden, 10-11 minutes.
- Check to see that pizzas are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow pizzas to cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle pizzas with red pepper flakes, if desired, then slice and serve.