Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Chocolate Mousse.
1. Info for Chocolate Mousse
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total Time: 55 min
- Servings: 12
- Calories: 182.26 kcal
2. Ingredients for Chocolate Mousse
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup strong coffee or espresso, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup super fine sugar
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Attach wire whip to KitchenAid® Artisan® Stand Mixer. Pour heavy cream into bowl and turn to speed 4, increasing to speed 8 until soft peaks form, about 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer whipped cream to separate bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Attach clean mixer bowl and wire whip to mixer. Add egg yolks, espresso, salt and 4 tablespoons sugar to bowl, turn to speed 6 and mix for 1 to 2 minutes or until light in color. Remove bowl from stand mixer and set over saucepan of simmering water, keeping bowl above water as much as possible. Cook, whisking constantly until double in volume, about 1 minute. Remove bowl from heat and stir in chocolate until melted. Transfer mixture to large bowl and let cool to room temperature, whisking occasionally.
- Attach clean bowl and whip to mixer. Add egg whites, turn to speed 8 and whip until foamy, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add remaining sugar and whip on speed 8 until soft peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture in 2 additions. Gently fold in whipped cream until just blended. Divide mousse between twelve 4-oz. ramekins and chill until firm, at least 2 hours. Serve with shaved chocolate or additional whipped cream, if desired.