With a couple of boxes, a couple of cans, and some shredded cheese, you’re in for one of the most delicious side dishes you’ll ever eat.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Easy “Boxes and Cans” Corn Casserole.
1. Info for Easy “Boxes and Cans” Corn Casserole
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total Time: 1 hr
- Servings: 14
- Calories: 235.9 kcal
2. Ingredients for Easy “Boxes and Cans” Corn Casserole
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 17 oz. cornbread mix (or corn muffin mix)
- 2 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1/2 cup salted butter (melted)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 29 oz. creamed corn (2 cans)
- 29 oz. sweet corn kernels (2 cans, drained)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded, for casserole mixture)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded, for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine the cornbread mix, sour cream, beaten egg, melted butter, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add the creamed corn, corn kernels, and shredded cheese. Stir with a rubber spatula until thoroughly combined into a pale batter, about 1 minute.
- Pour the corn mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake the casserole on middle rack of oven until it is golden brown on top and set in the center, 45-50 minutes.
- Check to see that casserole is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the casserole to rest for 15 minutes before serving.