With a couple of boxes, a couple of cans, and some shredded cheese, you’re in for one of the most delicious side dishes you’ll ever eat.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Easy “Boxes and Cans” Corn Casserole.
1. Info for Easy “Boxes and Cans” Corn Casserole
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total Time: 1 hr
- Servings: 14
- Calories: 235.9 kcal
2. Ingredients for Easy “Boxes and Cans” Corn Casserole
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 17 oz. cornbread mix (or corn muffin mix)
- 2 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1/2 cup salted butter (melted)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 29 oz. creamed corn (2 cans)
- 29 oz. sweet corn kernels (2 cans, drained)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded, for casserole mixture)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded, for topping)
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Combine the cornbread mix, sour cream, beaten egg, melted butter, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add the creamed corn, corn kernels, and shredded cheese. Stir with a rubber spatula until thoroughly combined into a pale batter, about 1 minute.
Pour the corn mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the top.
Bake the casserole on middle rack of oven until it is golden brown on top and set in the center, 45-50 minutes.
Check to see that casserole is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
Allow the casserole to rest for 15 minutes before serving.